About Me

My photo
Part time poet, full time librarian, student of the delights of milk chocolate. Likes books, milk, paddling, poetry, scribbling, chocolate, notebooks, sea, piers. Not necessarily in that order. All work copyright cih.

Searching

An ideal man rarely comes my way
For ‘rarely’ please read ‘never’
So I’m looking for a bloke of the tall dark kind
One that’s reasonably clever.

It’s not that I want to have meaningful talks
About politics and the history of art
I’d like a bloke who is able to chat
And maybe have a heart to heart.

I don’t want an overemotional guy
One who spends all his life in tears
Or one with phobias about everything
Who needs me to calm his fears.

Does this list really matter
In the quest for a guy?
Or is all that’s really important
A smile, sense of humour and nice eyes?
©cih00